Our life as we know it has be inherently stressful due to the covid-19 pandemic. Stress and anxiety has taken over many of our lives.
Here are some daily tips to help us along the way:
- It is one of the best things we can do to beat the stress. It will help with your sleep and stress and lowers your body’s stress hormones.
- Essential Oils
- There are many soothing and calming scents that will help treat our mood. My personal favorite is lavender and chamomile. There are a variety of affordable diffusers, pick one up and you are on your way.
- Write it down on paper
- One way to deal with the stress and anxiety is write down what is bothering you. After that focus on the positive things in your life. We all have more things to be thankful for than we think.
- Spending time with loved ones
- During these times, this might be a bit of challenge. You can still make a call or video chat if you prefer. Just communicating with people is a good stress reducer.
- Check out some supplements
- Green tea is always a good one and is known to increase your serotonin levels. This may lower your stress and anxiety.
- Ashwagandha is a helpful herb and another one of my favorites. Studies show it is a pretty effective supplement.
- Cut down your caffeine intakes
- We are all hooked on many different caffeine drinks and foods. Energy and coffee drinks tends to be popular these days and will wreak havoc on us, if we consume too much of them. How many of us have a sweet tooth for chocolate? I know I do.
- Learn to laugh
- Laughing definitely will help relieve some stress. Hang out with some friends or watch a funny movie. We can all use a good laugh these days.
- Yoga helps with controlled breathing which in turn helps reduce your stress. You can probably find a class online via a video session, if you don’t want to leave your house.
We can’t let the times get the better us. Let’s lift each other up and move forward.